Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Few More Books on Humor & Laughter


Never have I dragged my feet like this in updating this blog. My current schedule has drained my "humor" and muted my laughter. Yesterday, a message from the library came to tell me to pick up my reserved books on humor and laughter, and hence reminded me of my long neglected blog.




Here are a few more books to read:

  1. Chapman, Antony J. and Hugh C. Foot ed. Humour and Laughter: Theory, Research and Applications. London: John Wiley & Sons, 1976.
  2. Ghose, Indira. Shakespeare and Laughter: A Cultural History. ManchesterManchester UP, 2008.
  3. Gibson, Walter S. Pieter Bruegel and the Art of Laughter. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2006.
  4. Joubert, Laurent. Treatise on Laughter (Traité du ris). Trans. Gregory David de Rocher. Alabama: Alabama UP, 1980.
  5. Klein, Sheri. Art and Laughter. London: I. B. Tauris, 2007.
  6. Partington, Alan. The Linguistics of Laughter: A Courpus-assisted Study of Laughter-Talk. London: Routledge, 2006.
  7. Pfister, Manfred. A History of English Laughter: Laughter from Beowulf to Beckett   and Beyond. Amsterdam: Rodopi, 2002.

No comments:

Post a Comment